Search for car hire in Menorca
Fill in the search form below to find cheap car hire in Menorca
Our great prices include
- Free cancellation and amendments
- Third party liability insurance
- Collision damage waiver
- Vehicle licensing fee
Want to book by phone?
0203 318 6960
Our team is here to help 24 hours a day,7 days a week.
Best value car hire from top brands
Key facts for hiring a car in Menorca
When to visit
Menorca is rarely too hot to handle because of the sea breeze, and May to September there is little to no rain. Many hotels and restaurants close during winter.
Car hire locations
There are pick up points across the island, so you can collect a car whenever is convenient for you.
Menorcan lobster stew – caldereta de langosta
GMT + 1
Euro (EUR, €)
Hire a car in Menorca
A drop in the ocean, the small island of Menorca is surrounded by the azure tones of the Med.
This idyllic, unspoilt gem is the sleepiest of the Balearics; something that separates it from its louder sisters, Mallorca and Ibiza. The fact that you will fall asleep to sounds of crickets and birds, as opposed to ambient club beats, is all part of Menorca’s tempting allure.
The rewards are rich if you choose to hire a car in Menorca – many of its best spots cannot be accessed using public transport. There are countless towns dotted around the island’s perimeter, and if you know where to look there are plenty of private, untouched coves. Menorca's hot and dry summers are hampered by refreshing sea breezes, so it’ll never feel overwhelmingly humid here.
The abandoned quarries of Lithica prove to be a compelling location for peaceful gardens and a quirky maze.
Those who enjoy their condiments should take a pilgrimage to Mahón, the birthplace of mayonnaise.
Teatro Principal de Mahón
The oldest opera house in Spain, this horseshoe-shaped theatre was built in 1829.
Driving into the mountainous spiritual centre of Menorca will reward you with magnificent 360 degree views of the island.
In a quiet corner of Menorca lies Son Bou, a family-friendly resort serving as a perfect base for relaxing in the mellow sun. From here, you can go sea cave diving, visiting some of the most exciting underwater spots that surround the island.
Head inland to experience the delights of a small whitewashed village. Here you can have handmade shoes (abarcas) made to order and sample authentic restaurant cuisine.
Characteristic of the Menorcan landscape, the countryside is defined by endless vistas of stone walls – many thousands of miles of them.
Menorca’s roads are quiet and easy to navigate, so it’s a great place to drive even if you are not confident about driving abroad. Here are some hints to help you on your way.
- Think about getting a full-to-full fuel policy, as you may struggle to leave the tank empty on an island this size, and you’ll end up paying for petrol you haven’t used.
- Mahón’s official name used to be Maó, so sign posts may refer to it using the old name.
- There aren’t many petrol stations on the island, so find out where a few are before you hit the road. Petrol pumps are often handled by staff, and sometimes, local fiestas can cause petrol stations to close.
- The Me-1 is the main road running across the island from Ciutadella de Menorca to Mahón. Using this, you shouldn’t have much problem navigating off the side roads to the rest of the island.
- There are no motorways in Menorca. The maximum speed outside towns is 90 km/h. This equates to just 56 mph, so make sure you stick to it as there are speed traps in place.
- Do your research before driving to off-the-beaten-track areas. You may find that the roads are narrow or in an unsuitable condition, so it’s always best to plan ahead so you are in the know.
- Underground car parks are the best way to go if you are heading into one of the bigger towns (Ciutadella, Mahón).
Book your car hire now
The ultimate beach road trip
Menorca Airport MAH
Located just outside the city of Mahon.
Car hire pick up point
Car hire agents are located on floor 0 within the terminal.
Cala'n Porter – 11km
Playa de Son Bou – 20km
Cala Mitjana – 28km
Cala Macarelleta / Cala en Turqueta – 34km