Search for car hire in Malaga
Fill in the search form below to find cheap car hire in Malaga
Our great prices include
- Lowest price guaranteed
- Third party liability insurance
- Collision damage waiver
- Vehicle licensing fee
Want to book by phone?
0800 655 6181
Our team is here to help 24 hours a day,7 days a week.
Best value car hire from top brands
Key facts for hiring a car in Malaga
Car hire locations
There aren’t many car hire locations in Malaga city itself, so it’s best to pick up from the airport. There are 18 rental desks at the airport, with brands ranging from budget to luxury and everything in between.
Best time to visit
Malaga is comfortable for most of the year, and the best weather is from May through October.
GMT + 1
Euro (EUR, €)
One way street – dirección única
No parking – no aparcar , no estacionar
Hire a car in Malaga
The city of Malaga has had an exciting revival and if you’ve never visited, it may surprise you.
Malaga’s once run-down port has had a makeover: today it’s a place to enjoy a stroll and watch the swanky cruise liners and yachts rolling in.
The airport is a highly popular place to hire a car, and with so many enjoyable locations within driving distance, it’s not hard to see why. To top this off, it is also the best value destination to hire a car in Europe.
Top rated suppliers for Malaga
Average Rating 8.2 – “Everything was so easy, I'd recommend enterprise to anyone considering renting from Malaga.”
Average Rating 8.2 – “Absolutely first rate service. Staff went way beyond the call of duty. Cannot praise them enough.”
Average Rating 8.0 – “The customer service at all times was great - helpful and straightforward. They even offered us a free upgrade too to a larger car when they saw how much luggage we had.”
Average Rating 7.2 – “Counter staff and the courtesy bus driver were very helpful and friendly”
Food is an important part of any Spanish holiday, but there are some Malagan specialities that you really ought to try. Chiringuito beach bars and tapas restaurants are a safe bet if you’re looking for a tasty snack.
- A mouthwatering local dish is espeto – skewered sardines served up along the water’s edge (often in a makeshift barbecue made from an old fishing boat).
- Another tempting Mediterranean treat is Ensalada Malagueña – a healthy summer salad, bursting with flavour.
- Fresh prawns are very popular in Andalusia – try gambas al pil-pil with a generous helping of bread to mop up the garlic-infused oil they are served in.
Unusual driving laws
- You are not allowed to use headphones or headsets when driving – hands-free devices must be hands-free.
- Cyclists always have right of way.
- Drink driving laws are very strict; the legal limit is less than the UK - currently 25mg per litre of breath, or around one unit.
- Driving with one arm outside of the window is a fineable offence.
- You could be stopped for driving in flip flops or barefoot!
- Wearing sunglasses in a tunnel is banned.
Book your car hire now
Things to do
Lake Bermejales – 1.5 hours’ drive
And, oh, what a lovely drive it is. Snaking A-roads take you to a valley a long way from the crowded beaches along the coast. This lake is actually man-made, but you’d never know. Think of blue ocean waters, and replace the people with mountain views.
Here there are calm shores; not a ripple in sight – apart from the odd fish. So, lay out on the peaceful wooden pontoon and relax. If you don’t fancy driving back on the same day, why not camp under the stars?
The ultimate Malaga road trip
Malaga Airport AGP
The fourth-busiest airport in Spain.
Car hire pick up point
After baggage collection, signs will direct you to the car hire desks. Most of the big car rental company desks are inside the terminal building.
El Torcal National Park – 58km
Landscape of breathtaking rock formations and wildlife – with free parking.
El Tajo Gorge – 104km
Incredible gorge with an almost sheer drop running through the town of Ronda.
Zahara de la Sierra – 135km
Mountainside village perched over a vast lake.
Carmona – 186km
Town surrounded by huge sunflower fields.
Good for beaches
45 minute drive from Malaga
Good for architecture
1 hour 30 minute drive from Malaga
Good for photographs
2 hour 15 minute drive from Malaga