Search for car hire in Guernsey
Fill in the search form below to find cheap car hire in Guernsey
Our great prices include
- Free cancellation and amendments
- Third party liability insurance
- Collision damage waiver
- Vehicle licensing fee
Want to book by phone?
0203 318 6960
Our team is here to help 24 hours a day,7 days a week.
Best value car hire from top brands
Guernsey car hire tips
Top car rental brands
The most popular car rental brands in Guernsey are Europcar, Hertz, Alamo, Avis and Haiti.
Best time to hire a car
The cheapest months to pick up your car hire in Guernsey are April and October.
Pound Sterling (GBP)
Side of road
Hire a car in Guernsey
Guernsey is a special blend of Anglo-Norman relics and relations.
On a clear day, you can look out from Guernsey’s cliff-lined beaches and see the coast of France. Though influences of both English and French are present on the island, it still holds a more British feel.
Part of the Channel Islands archipelago, it is the second largest of the isles – at 25 square kilometers. Its small land mass makes it an easy place to navigate by car. Drive around to the island’s 27 different bays, visit Victor Hugo’s former home and seek out Guernsey's outer fortresses.
Car rental in Guernsey – the numbers
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is the most popular rental length in Guernsey?
A. Five to six days.
Q. When is the most popular time to rent a car in Guernsey?
Q. What's the best value car hire brand in Guernsey?
A. Europcar is the cheapest car rental brand in Guernsey, offering cars from just £14 per day.
*Based on easyCar real booking data.
|Cheapest month / most expensive month||Average cost per day of car hire in Guernsey|
|Car type||Average cost per day of car hire in Guernsey|
- Narrow and winding roads are extremely common on the island, so speed limits are lower than in most places. The maximum speed limit is 40 km/h in urban developments and 56 km/h in rural areas.
- Be alert, you’re likely to come across horses, cattle and cyclists on the roads.
- All public parking is free, through there are time limits for on-street parking, which is measured by a parking disk (parking clock) – buy one ahead of time if your rental car doesn't have one. Do not keep your vehicle parked longer than the specified time period for that spot.
- The minimum age for hiring a car is 20, though young driver surcharges can be added to your rental if you're under 25.
easyCar customer reviews for car hire in Guernsey
“User friendly & easy to understand & follow.”
“Excellent, straight forward and easy to use. Not to mention cheaper than going direct!”
“A very good service ...which I will continue to use.”
Book your car hire now
Points of interest around Guernsey
Saint Peter Port
The capital of Guernsey is one of the prettiest ports in all the isles.
This loop-holed tower built in the 19th century was to help defend the island from a French invasion.
Formerly part of the island’s military headquarters, its position offers great views of St Peter Port.
Fort Hommet Headland
A West Coast Victorian defense added to by the Germans during their occupation in the Second World War.
Surrounded by towering cliffs, this is one of Guernsey’s most sheltered bays – perfect for swimming.