Search for car hire in Brighton
Fill in the search form below to find cheap car hire in Brighton
Our great prices include
- Free cancellation and amendments
- Third party liability insurance
- Collision damage waiver
- Vehicle licensing fee
Want to book by phone?
0203 318 6960
Our team is here to help 24 hours a day,7 days a week.
Best value car hire from top brands
Key facts for hiring a car in Brighton
Car hire locations
There are a range of suppliers in Brighton, and most of them are located in the downtown area.
Most popular months
June - August
Point of interest
Pound Sterling (£, GBP)
Hire a car in Brighton
Sometimes traditional and nostalgic, other times progressive and zany, Brighton has many personalities.
This well-known seaside resort is made up of fragments of classic coastal towns, yet there are also flashes of cosmopolitan hubs here too. Because of this, London by the Sea (as it is affectionately known) is probably the most bohemian city in Britain.
Car rental in Brighton – the numbers
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is the most popular rental length in Brighton?
A. Five to six days.
Q. When is the most popular time to rent a car in Brighton?
Q. What's the best value car hire brand in Brighton?
A. Alamo is the cheapest car rental brand in Brighton, offering cars from just £8 per day.
*Based on easyCar real booking data.
|Cheapest month / most expensive month||Average cost per day of car hire in Brighton|
|Car type||Average cost per day of car hire in Brighton|
- In the UK, flashing your lights to thank another road user, or to signal that you are letting another driver out is considered a polite way to acknowledge them.
- If you are driving on a British motorway, be aware that the right hand lanes are designed for overtaking only.
- Roundabouts are common in the UK and around Brighton – make sure you know how they work before you arrive.
- If you plan to drive in rural areas, be aware of narrow lanes, livestock crossings, limited vision and flooding.
- Most cars in the UK are manual. If you’re not used to a gear stick, opt to rent an automatic.
- Driving etiquette in England is highly considerate compared with other countries.
Brighton has been a tourist destination for a long time, and offers the oldest cinema and the oldest aquarium in the country. The pier has also stood for over a century – first opening in 1899. The pier oozes tradition, transporting you back to a different time. Head to the end and admire the view of the coastline.
Parts of Brighton are made up of tiny streets. A colourful maze of sweet shops and chocolatiers; jewellery and record stores; thrift and vintage boutiques make up the shopfronts. A good starting point is The Lanes if you’re hoping to find some of them.
Ice cream parlours, karaoke booths and lively arcades come as standard in Brighton. For a more unusual stay, try an Alice in Wonderland themed guest house or a Star Wars room.
After a weekend of the strange and wonderful, wander along the breezy, 5-mile shingle beach, or take a sunset cruise on the English Channel.
Things to see
easyCar customer reviews for car hire in Brighton
“Efficient and professional site. I would recommend this site.”
“Very easy and quick reservation.”
“Excellent service, easy to use, great pricing.”
Book your car hire now
Where to road trip
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Picturesque town surrounded by countryside.
Site of the famous 1066 battle site and the ruins of Battle Abbey.
A cathedral city with Roman roots.
Home to the Seven Sisters and Beachy Head – striking chalky headlands.